The User's Guide for the High Speed Aerodynamic solver (HiSA) can be downloaded here.
The following paper contains some background theory:
- J.A. Heyns, O.F. Oxtoby and A. Steenkamp, Modelling high-speed flow using a matrix-free coupled solver. 9th OpenFOAM Workshop, 23-26 June 2014, Zagreb, Croatia
The following are some examples of applications of the solver:
- Ll Macia, R. Castilla, P.J. Gamez-Montero, S. Camacho and E. Codina, Numerical Simulation of a Supersonic Ejector for Vacuum Generation with Explicit and Implicit Solver in Openfoam. Energies 2019, 12, 3353
- A.L. Habermann, A. Gokhale and M. Hornung, Numerical investigation of the effects of fuselage upsweep in a propulsive fuselage concept. CEAS Aeronautical Journal (2021) 12:173–189
- S. Abuhanieh, B. Bi̇çer and M. Sahin, A validation for the OpenFOAM-HiSA solver for drag prediction. 32nd International Conference on Parallel Computational Dynamics, 17-19 May 2021, Nice, France
- S. Abuhanieh, H.U. Akay and B. Bi̇çer, A new strategy for solving store separation problems using OpenFOAM. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, (2022) 236
- Ll Macia, R. Castilla, P.J. Gamez-Montero and G. Raush, Multi-Factor Design for a Vacuum Ejector Improvement by In-Depth Analysis of Construction Parameters. Sustainability 2022, 14, 10195.